CICA International, Nebrija University, & Pugwash Spanish Group
The 59th CICA International Conferences on Security, with the theme “Security and Defense: Ethical and Legal Challenges in Front of Current Conflicts”, took place at Madrid, Spain (May 24-25, 2021).
CICA conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for world-class scientists, diplomats, militia, policy makers and people from many other fields to discuss and exchange ideas on the hottest topics and progress on the field of security and defense and, more broadly, conflict and aggression.
This second decade of the 21st century has begun with enormous challenges for the security and defense of the entire world, such as the consolidation of human rights or migration, besides the nuclear issues and the omnipresence of SARS-CoV2.
Under this wide title, our LIX CICA intends to face these important systemic weaknesses highlighting, among other approaches, the ethical and legal principles that consolidated the West, in the belief that they are the only tie to the stability and well-being of all nations.
Consequently, we suggest the analysis of the following main topics:
- Restrictions on rights and the rise of Populisms
- Growing Social Inequalities and internal tensions in different countries
- Europe and the global competition with China, Russia and the United States
- Regional tensions in Africa and Migratory explosion
- Economic Instability; volatility of the Welfare state
- Increased technological dependency and cyber attacks
- Privatized space race and increasing militarization of Space
- Sensitive growth of epidemiological Denialism, Conspiracy paranoia and Fake news.
- Climate change and its unwanted effects
- Nuclear issue and Security
- and, following the tradition since the beginning of the CICAs, any topic related to Conflict and Aggression.