XLVIII CICA International Conference on Security
Towards a paradigm shift in Security
Madrid (Spain), May 27th- 29th, 2019
CICA International, Nebrija University, & Pugwash Spanish Group
Information on Topics and Speakers
On behalf of CICA INTERNATIONAL, it is our great pleasure to announce and invite you to participate to the 48th CICA International Conferences on Security, with the theme “Towards a paradigm shift in Security”, taking place at Madrid, Spain (May 27-29, 2019).
CICA conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for world-class scientists, diplomats, militia, policy makers and people from many other fields to discuss and exchange ideas on the hottest topics and progress on the field of security and defence and, more broadly, conflict and aggression.
Although any topic facing with some new security challenges are welcome, we would stress the following ones:
I. Paradigms or models to follow in order to solve the new problems of Security in our days
II. Public security
III. Transnational relations (f.ins. EU/NATO/BREXIT)
IV. Threats, such as organized crime, terrorism and weapons proliferation
V. Hybrid cyber and irregular warfare
VII. Propaganda, and the danger of disinformation and fake news
VIII. Conflict and Aggression, which has been a constant topic of CICA since its beginnings.
Besides the active contributors to this Conference -via symposia or presentations-, it will also be a nice opportunity to offer a forum of interexchange to scientists and other people interested on these topics for meeting international colleagues and young students from around the world, renewing acquaintances, making new professional contacts, and networking in an informal atmosphere; to discuss their current research, future directions and international development of our fields, facilitating cooperation between specialists, scientists, and politicians, as well as to cross fertilize different areas of interest. This explains why it is also important participating as a passive attendance.
Registration and Call for Papers
1) All the participants must send the following information: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Address, Country, E-mail, Telephone, Passport/ID Number, as well as a short biosketch with photo (this information provided by the prospective participant will be included in the book of abstracts, unless asked explicitly otherwise).
2) If you wish to participate in the Conference presenting a symposium or presentation, you should add:
Title of Paper, Name of all co-authors and their Current Position, Institutional Affiliation (University/Organization), and Country, email address of all co-authors, and an abstract (about 300 words). The submitted contributions have to arrive before March 15th, 2019, and they may have the form of:
- 1. Oral Communication (duration: about 20 min)
- 2. Symposium (3/4 talks on a common topic, with a total duration of about 90 min)
- 3. Languages: English or Spanish.
3) In either case, you also must send copy of the bank transfer order of the inscription fees, as attachment (keep it as an automatic proof of inscription).
Registration fees are the following:
- 200 € for standard participants: (early deadline: March 30th, 2019) (250 € after April 1st)
- 100 € for students and accompanying people (early deadline: March 30th, 2019) (150 € later)
- Members of CICA and Nebrija University have a discount of 50% on the standard fee.
There is a limited number of bourses. If any prospective participant should need one, he/she may ask for it, arguing the reasons.
For cancellations received by April 1st, 2019, a refund of the full amount will be made, deducting a 50 € administrative fee. After this date, no refunds are available.
The participation fees include admission to all scientific sessions and to a networking reception, refreshments, and conference materials, such as a program & abstract book and certificate of attendance.
There will be a formal dinner on May 28th. Those who may be interested in attending, have to add to the registration fees, the amount of 35 €.
The payment has to be directly transferred to:
Account holder: Universidad Nebrija
Bank: Banco Santander
Bank address: Paseo de la Castellana, 140, 28046, Madrid, Spain
Account number: 0049 1803 50 2610434151
Electronic format (IBAN): ES4300491803502610434151
Concept: Participant name + CICA 2019