CICA International, Nebrija University, & Pugwash Spanish Group
On behalf of CICA INTERNATIONAL, it is our great pleasure to announce and invite you to participate to the 59th CICA International Conferences on Security, with the theme “Security and Defense: Ethical and Legal Challenges in Front of Current Conflicts”, taking place at Madrid, Spain (May 24-25, 2021).
CICA conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for world-class scientists, diplomats, militia, policy makers and people from many other fields to discuss and exchange ideas on the hottest topics and progress on the field of security and defense and, more broadly, conflict and aggression.
This second decade of the 21st century has begun with enormous challenges for the security and defense of the entire world, such as the consolidation of human rights or migration, besides the nuclear issues and the omnipresence of SARS-CoV2.
Under this wide title, our LIX CICA intends to face these important systemic weaknesses highlighting, among other approaches, the ethical and legal principles that consolidated the West, in the belief that they are the only tie to the stability and well-being of all nations.
Consequently, we suggest the analysis of the following main topics:
- Restrictions on rights and the rise of Populisms
- Growing Social Inequalities and internal tensions in different countries
- Europe and the global competition with China, Russia and the United States
- Regional tensions in Africa and Migratory explosion
- Economic Instability; volatility of the Welfare state
- Increased technological dependency and cyber attacks
- Privatized space race and increasing militarization of Space
- Sensitive growth of epidemiological Denialism, Conspiracy paranoia and Fake news.
- Climate change and its unwanted effects
- Nuclear issue and Security
- and, following the tradition since the beginning of the CICAs, any topic related to Conflict and Aggression.
Registration and Call for Papers
Registration data is to be sent the following e-mail addresses:
- All the participants must send the following information: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Address, Country, E-mail, Telephone, Passport/ID Number, as well as a short biosketch with photo (this information provided by the prospective participant will be included in the book of abstracts, unless asked explicitly otherwise).
- If you wish to participate in the Conference presenting a symposium or presentation, you should add: Title of Paper, Name of all co-authors and their Current Position, Institutional Affiliation (University/Organization), Country, Email address of all co-authors, An abstract (about 300 words). The submitted contributions have to arrive before April 1st, 2021, (we will inform about their acceptance within the same month), and they may have the form of:
- Oral Communication (duration: about 20 min)
- Symposium (3/4 talks on a common topic, with a total duration of about 90 min)
- Languages: English or Spanish
- To access to the conference, we invite the participants to send a voluntary donation of a minimum of 5 € to the CICA International Foundation,
- either via PayPal by clicking https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=HQETMVGU26SF6
- or, for those sending the donation from the Euro Zone, by transferring it to the following account:
Account Name: CICA International Foundation
Bank Address: Enrique Larreta 4, 28036 Madrid (Spain)Account Number:
BBVAESMMXXX ES95 0182 0951 2302 0158 9710
Concept: Participant name + CICA 2021
The voluntary contribution fees entitle you to admission to all scientific sessions and conference materials, such as a program & abstract book and certificate of attendance.