VIOLENCE AND MENTAL HEALTH
23 – 24 April, 2020
School of Education -Universidad Complutense Madrid, Spain
We invite you to participate in the LIII CICA international conference (Jornadas Internacionales 2020) on “Violence and mental health”, organized by the Complutense Research Group “Psychosociobiology of Violence: education and prevention” in collaboration with the CICA International Foundation and the Nebrija-Santander Chair on Risk and Conflict Management..
CICA conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for scholars from many different fields, interested in the discussion and exchange of ideas about conflict and aggression in a broad way. Students are most welcome. More specifically, we want to promote scientific and humanistic dialogue between members of our research group that currently work on different related topics with other recognized professionals at national and international level. Students are most welcome.
This Conference aims to emphasize the role of education in the safeguarding and promotion of mental health, as well as in the prevention of violence and in the promotion of coexistence. In them, important aspects will be addressed, such as:
- The conceptualization of mental health.
- Mental disorder and violence.
- The impact of violence on physical and mental health.
- Education for mental health.
- Pedagogical risk prevention psychic.
- Stigma and mental illness.
- Mental health and hospital violence in historical perspective, etc.
- Any topic in a broad way related to violence and mental health may also be accepted.
In addition to the presentations at these conferences, this event is a good opportunity for the exchange of scientists, researchers, students and, in general, of all people interested on these topics. Therefore, the Jornadas will allow us to meet with international colleagues and young students from around the world, strengthening ties and establishing new contacts.
Registration and Call for Papers
Registration, with a copy of the bank transfer order of the inscription fees, as attachment (keep it as an automatic proof of inscription) is to be sent to the following both e-mail addresses:
- All the participants must send the following information: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Address, Country, E-mail, Telephone, Passport/ID Number, as well as a short biosketch with photo (this information provided by the prospective participant will be included in the book of abstracts, unless asked explicitly otherwise).
- If you wish to participate in the Conference presenting an Oral Communication (duration: about 15 min), a poster, or a joint Symposium (3/4 talks on a common topic, with a total duration of about 90 min), you should add:, you should add: Title of Paper, Name of all co-authors and their Current Position, Institutional Affiliation (University/Organization), and Country, email address of all co-authors, and an abstract (about 150 words). The submitted contributions have to arrive before February 15th, 2020, (we will inform about their acceptance within the same month). Languages: English or Spanish
- Registration fees are the following:
before February 15st, 2020 after February 15st, 2020
- standard participants: 150 € 200 €
- students and accompanying people 75 € 100 €
- students of CICA,UCM & Nebrija 50 € 75 €
For cancellations received by March 1st, 2020, a refund of the full amount will be made, deducting a 50 € administrative fee. After this date, no refunds are available.
The participation fees include admission to all scientific sessions and to a networking reception, lunch, refreshments, and conference materials, such as a program & abstract book and certificate of attendance.
- Payments have to be directly transferred to:
Account holder: CICA International Foundation
Bank address: Enrique Larreta, 4, 28036, Madrid, Spain
Account number: ES95 0182 0951 2302 0158 9710
Electronic format (IBAN): BBVAESMMXXX ES95 0182 0951 2302 0158 9710
Concept: Participant name + CICA Educación